At Music City San Francisco we stress the importance of privacy and are committed to earning the trust of our guests by adopting high standards for the protection of personal information.
Our policy outlines the type of personal information we collect and receive, the circumstances in which we collect or receive personal information, the policies and procedures we have established outlining its use and storage, and for sharing certain types of personal information in certain limited circumstances, the procedures you should follow if you have any questions or requests in respect of your personal information or our policies and procedures and the person to whom such questions or requests should be directed, and the means by which to communicate with that person.
This policy offers information on properties managed, franchised, owned, licensed, or developed by Music City San Francisco. As used throughout the policy, the terms “Music City,” “MCSF”, “the Company,” “our,” “we,” “us,” “our,” and other similar terms are used for convenience only and are not intended as a precise designation of any of particular entity.
In this policy, personal information means information about you that is personally identifiable like your name, address, e-mail address or phone number, and that is not otherwise publicly available and is not part of your work identification.
Information on guest preferences and usage is also included. Such information is supplied to or recorded by Music City San Francisco in the course of transacting business with an individual.
HOW YOU MAY PROVIDE US YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- By making a reservation or by using Music City San Francisco services
- By providing it to us in communications regarding service delivery such as comment cards
- By providing the information to us by participating in a marketing initiative
- By visiting our website
Below we will outline the type of information normally collected in each of these circumstances, the reasons for doing so, how we use and store it.
MAKING A RESERVATION
When making a reservation, or using Music City San Francisco services, it is necessary to have information in order to identify you, contact you, and to process your purchase and requests. This information usually includes your name, address, phone number, e-mail address, credit card number and expiration date, and language preference. We also offer special discounts from time to time that may have qualifying criteria. For example, special offers targeting a particular demographic or audience may occur (e.g. seniors, children, international travelers, local residents, etc.). To assess your eligibility and process your reservation correctly, we need to record your date of birth at the time of booking. You may be required to provide personal identification with your date of birth in order to verify this upon check-in.
From time to time, we offer packages or other services that involve third parties. If you are participating in such a package or service, your personal information will be shared with that third party to the extent necessary to provide that service and process the purchase or request.
Music City San Francisco may use the information you provide to send you offers and information about Music City San Francisco services and those of select third parties. Your information will not be given to these third parties but rather the offer of the third party will be provided to Music City San Francisco which will manage the distribution.
If you do not wish to receive such offers and information you may unsubscribe or opt-out by sending an email to email@example.com, using the subject line “Unsubscribe”, which would indicate your request with sufficient personal identifiers so we may appropriately act on your request. All our marketing communications of this type contain instructions on how to update subscription preferences.
INFORMATION PROVIDED TO US IN COMMUNICATIONS REGARDING SERVICE DELIVERY SUCH AS COMMENT CARDS
Information provided to us in such a fashion will be used solely for the purpose of recording your comments, communicating with you in respect of them, reviewing them with the subject hotel and hotel personnel, for the purposes of recognizing employees for excellence of service delivery and for developing improvements in service delivery.
BY VISITING ONE OF OUR WEBSITES
We use “cookies” on our websites. A cookie is a small text file that contains small amounts of information that are downloaded to your computer or mobile device when visiting a web site. They help us, our service providers, and third parties recognize your device and provide information about how you use and interact with Music City San Francisco services. For example, they support our ability to remember preferences, manage advertising, personalize experiences, and conduct data analytics.
We may also evaluate our content and services and tailor our websites, for visitors, based on other information we collect, such as IP addresses, which are numbers assigned to your computer whenever you use the Internet, pixel tags, web beacons, and the type of Internet browser or operating system you are using. This information is collected in the aggregate, but we may tie it to your personal information through cookie use as described above.
WHY WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
- To establish and maintain a responsible commercial relationship with you and to provide ongoing service.
- To understand your needs and preferences. We maintain a record of the products and services you receive from us and we may ask for additional information so that we can serve you better. For example, we may record your preference in room type.
- To develop, enhance, market or provide products and services. For example, we look at our guests’ use of our services so that we can better understand how to improve our services.
- To manage and develop our business and operations. For example, we analyze guest patterns of usage of our hotels and services to help us manage them efficiently and plan for future growth.
- To meet legal and regulatory requirements.
WHO HAS YOUR DATA AND HOW YOU CAN MANAGE IT
Newsletters and marketing communications
If you have booked a hotel room with us we may, from time to time, contact you with information about our services and latest offers and process your Personal Data for this purpose.
If you no longer want to receive our newsletters or marketing communications, please
let us know by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also manage subscription preferences from our marketing emails by clicking on the appropriate subscription link in the emails sent to you.
Processed data categories
- Date of birth
- Email address
- First name / Last name
- Telephone number
- Hotel stay history
- Country of residence
Source of data
- Directly from you when booking a hotel room or later when completing your account
- Ground for processing
- Ad hoc consent obtained during the subscription to our newsletter
- Recipients of data
- IT service providers
- Email communications service provider
Newsletters and marketing communications analytics
- In the context of our newsletters and marketing communications, we may also process and collect your Personal Data, and notably whether you have opened and interacted with one of our communications, for analytical purposes in order to measure the clickthrough rate and improve the content of our newsletters and marketing communications.
Processed data categories
- Email address
- Email clicking behavior
- Email opening behavior
- First name / Last name
Source of Data
- From our email analytics service
COOKIES AND INTEREST-BASED ADVERTISING
Music City Hotel works with third parties to track your activity on our website, as well as to serve you with relevant advertisements from Music City Hotel and other advertisers on unrelated websites. These advertising services use pixel tags / web beacons, cookies and other tracking technologies to collect and store non-personal information about your visit to our website. Should you visit our website using your mobile device, an advertising service may also collect your device’s unique identifier, or location, and attempt to synchronize your mobile website visit with other website visits.
Please note that by opting out, you will continue to see ads, but they may not be as relevant based on your interests.
WHEN DO WE DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We disclose personal information only in these limited circumstances:
- We may disclose a guest’s personal information to a person who, in the reasonable judgment of Music City San Francisco, is seeking the information as an agent of the guest – for example, a travel agent who is booking a reservation on behalf of the guest.
- Personal information will be shared with Music City San Francisco for which your reservation has been made so that they may provide the services you have reserved.
- Personal information will be shared with a third party involved in supplying the guest with the services they have purchased to the extent necessary to effect the supply and the processing of the transaction.
- Personal information may be shared with a third party retained by Music City San Francisco to perform functions on its behalf such as reservations handling, data processing or storage, guest surveys or research.
- Personal information may be shared with an agent retained by Music City San Francisco to evaluate a customer’s credit worthiness or in order to collect a customer’s account.
- Personal information may be shared with a public authority or an agent of public authority if in the reasonable judgment of Music City San Francisco it appears that there is an imminent danger to life or property which could be avoided or minimized by disclosure of the information, or which disclosure is compelled by legal authority.
Any such disclosure of a guest’s personal information by Music City San Francisco to a third party will be made only on a confidential basis conditioned upon the information being used only for the purpose for which it has been disclosed.
- Music City San Francisco will not collect, use or disclose your personal information for any other purpose than those identified above, except with your consent.
- Music City San Francisco will protect your personal information with appropriate security safeguards.
- Music City San Francisco will take appropriate steps to protect the confidentiality of your personal information when dealing with third parties.
- Music City San Francisco will strive to keep your personal information as accurate and up to date as is necessary for the purposes identified above.
- Music City San Francisco will honor your request to access your personal information in as timely fashion as is reasonably possible.
You are always free to refuse to provide personal information to us.
You may also withdraw your consent with respect to the use of your personal information for marketing purposes at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice, by emailing us at email@example.com, using “Unsubscribe” as the subject line, and providing us sufficient personal identifiers so we can act effectively on your request.
However, in either case, this may limit our ability to serve you.
If you have questions or concerns about our privacy practices or wish to make a request in respect of your personal information please contact us at:
Music City San Francisco
1353 Bush St.
San Francisco, CA 94106